Saturday, January 31, 2009

San Francisco, Day 1





Debated what to "title" this post. My choices:
Day 1 in San Francisco
My kids are IDIOTS
What the hell is he doing?!
or
Carson Jumps.

We arrived in SF this morning about 10am. Eric & I, Jordan & Kyla, Tyler & Bailie, and Carson, Jessa, and Kylee.
Went to the hotel and checked in, and after sending the valet parking guys back to my truck for Eric's phone, then back to Jordan's truck for his phone; we then walked over to Union Square to catch a cable car to the wharf.
Even though we come here about once a year, this trip brought back memories of years ago when we used to come with all 5 boys, and I was FOREVER counting; 1,2,3,4,5; 1,2,3,4,5; making sure they were all still there. (Counting kids was WAY easier and faster than looking for each particular chilld; LOL!) I don't know HOW many times I caught myself doing that today; 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9; I just couldn't stop myself.
Anyway, we headed to the wharf, pier 39, Hyde Street pier, etc. Went to lunch at Fisherman's Grotto; awesome food, the Garlic sauteed whole crab was AWESOME. Jordan & I split it; Bailie and Kylee had CHEESEBURGERS; and Carson had SPAGHETTI!!! (I know! In San Francisco!!!); Eric had steamer clams and chowder, I think everyone else just had chowder. Good food.

Oh my gosh, my kids have NO self control and are never ever embarrassed to do something crazy or to take up ANY dare. AND they have all found girls that are the same way. I have to admit they are a FUN bunch, AFTER the fact. At the time, they embarrass me. BAD.

If you've been to SF, you've seen the guys that paint themselves silver or gold and stand on a crate/box and do those "robot" moves. Well.............Bailie and Jessa went up and DANCED with one of them, and I mean DANCED, like they were on stage at a dance club....or something.....and then Carson took advantage of one of those guys leaving his crate/box, so Carson jumped on and did his own thing. There was some cheering going on, too bad HE didn't have a tip cup.

Then we went to Hyde Street Pier. We are walking the pier, I am looking for photo ops (after chewing myself out for NOT bringing my "good" lens; the Tamron 28-300mm because I only wanted to bring a lighter lens; UGH).
Then I look over where the group is, and I see Carson standing on the RAIL of the pier, in ONLY his underwear. I shout "Carson! NO!" JUST as he JUMPS off the rail into the water!!! THEN I found out Tyler & Jordan dared him to, and offered him $20 to do it. So he did. Holy Crap. He swam to shore (freezing his arse off, of course). Again, the other tourists were very entertained. OY.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home