Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Being sick sucks

SICK and SUCK. Notice how there is only one letter different in there? That is because being SICK SUCKs. (OK, so I added an "s" there.) But I'll say it again, being SICK SUCKS.
Being so sick you think you just may have meningitis, or some other thing people actually DIE from but guess what? You feel SO crappy you just don't give a damn if you live or die. Actually, dying might be preferable. I am NOT a weak person and do not like to show/feel any vulnerability; but damn; sometimes you just get SICK and it SUCKs.
But I have to give a shout out to my friends and family. I am actually feeling HUMAN today and being sick (even though it SUCKED) has made me realize how blessed I am.
(AND, NOT because I am jealous or feeling sorry for myself or anything; (well maybe just a bit,) but I have to remind you that my HUSBAND and SON are in the Caribbean enjoying the SUN while I lay here FREEZING to death and SICK) ::::::::::::whew::::::::::::vent over.
ANYWAY.............I had 2 people (who are friends!) from work check on me (thanks V and Nan!) and my bestest friend Denny came over and built a fire for me (the pellet stove and furnace just weren't cutting it; I needed MORE HEAT!). Then one of my other bestest friends Donna cooked dinner for me. THEN my son Jordan who is in California delivering a semi load of hay called to check on me and I guess because I mentioned I was FREEZING called one of his friends to come over here to put wood in the fire and bring more wood in from the wood shed to the house. (Thank you Andrew!)
OK, maybe it is still the fever, being weak, whatever, but I am so thankful/grateful for my friends and family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home